It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
Empathy and trust are essential requirements to develop solutions, attain and retain learning opportunities and avoiding or resolving disagreement.
To raise standards and improve learning for all, we need to be more effective communicators to be successful in our pursuit of excellence in education - and in life. EmpathiCymru is committed to pupil improvement, inclusion and children’s services developing greater coherence and understanding at national, LEA and institutional levels.
Helping to build more effective partnerships under the Children and Young People’s Plans of Wales is a very important objective for EmpathiCymru.
“In Wales … from Wales … for Wales” - “Yng Nghymru…. oddiwrth Gymru….. I Gymru”
The concept is one for Wales in Wales but not one that excludes the high quality provision and ideas that can be obtained elsewhere. The central tenet of the consultancy will be to ensure that the existing good support for education in Wales is complemented by a professional agency that will provide high quality independent and objective support and advice for all areas of learning enhanced by the highest quality innovation and ideas from outside Wales developed for Wales in an appropriate and realistic manner.
EmpathiCymru's objectives for the first three years of operation include:
- establishing itself as a major provider of strategic advice and guidance to WAG and others through tendering for contracts appropriate to the skill sets of its associates
- the creation of an unique, high quality, innovative environment that will differentiate EmpathiCymru from other training, coaching or professional development businesses in the fields of education, children’s services and partnership working
- educating the learning community on what training and strategic coaching has to offer
- the formation of a learning environment that will bring people with diverse interests and backgrounds in education and children’s services together in a common forum to overcome challenges, both professionally and personally
- affordable access to the resources of EmpathiCymru and other development services.